At black crows, we are 100% committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and site visitors. The black crows team members are customers themselves, of both black crows and other internet sites – so we totally appreciate and respect how important privacy is. If you have any questions about how we Protect Your Privacy, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Navigating this page
- How we use your information
- Sharing your information
- Marketing messages
- Your information and countries outside Europe
- Keeping your information
- Your rights
- Changes to how we protect your privacy
- How to contact us
How we use your information
We use your information in a number of different ways — what we do depends on the information. The tables below set this out in detail, showing what we do, and why we do it.
Your name and contact details
How we use your name & contact details
Deliver your purchases to you This allows us to send your goods. We work with external warehouses who deliver your order.
Send you service messages by text, email,such as order updates: This allows us to keep you informed at every stage of your order.
Sending you information by email, SMS, or post, about our new products and services : To keep you up to date. We only send this with your permission.
Fraud prevention and detection : To prevent and detect fraud against either you or black crows – unfortunate, but absolutely essential.
Your payment information
We use this to take payment from your order. None of these details are stored on our servers.
How we use your payment information
Take payment, and give refunds: Easy
Fraud prevention and detection: To prevent and detect fraud against either you or black crows – unfortunate, but absolutely essential.
Your contact history with us
What you’ve said to us — for example, over the phone, on instant chat, or on social media.
How we use your contact history
Provide customer service and support: We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you, after all, you expect the best service from us.
Purchase history and saved items: What you’ve bought and what you’ve stored in your basket for another time
How we use your purchase history and saved items
Provide customer support: It allows us to help you when you’re looking at purchasing again, or have a problem and need to speak with us about it.
Information about your phone or laptop, and how you use our website and app
Information you give us when you browse our site or use our app, including your IP address and device type and, if you choose to share it with us, your location data, as well as how you use our website and app.
How we use information about your phone or laptop, and how you use our website and app
Improve our website and set default options for you (such as language and currency): To give you the best possible shopping experience.
Sharing your information
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party – including your name, address, email address or credit card information. We want to earn and maintain your trust, and we believe this is absolutely essential in order do that.
However, we share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
- Companies that are involved in your order - such as our warehouse and payment providers
- Professional service providers, such as advertising partners and website hosts, who help us run our business
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud
- Companies approved by you, such as social media sites (if you choose to link your accounts to us) and Klarna where you choose to use their payment service
We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.
If you have said we can, we’ll send you marketing messages by email, text, to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products.
How to stop marketing messages from black crows
You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time.
You can do this:
- By clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email
By contacting our Customer Care team
Once you do this, we will update your profile to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages.
Stopping marketing messages will not stop service communications (such as order updates or where you have expressed an interest in an activity at black crows, for example new designers).
Your information and countries outside Europe
We have a fulfilment centre in the USA, which we may use for processing orders from customers in the EU. The USA is not a country in respect of which there is a European Commission decision of adequacy, and we protect your privacy and your rights through the use of the European Commission’s standard data protection clauses. More information about these is available here http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/en/TXT/?uri=CELEX:32010D0087
Keeping your information
We’ll only hold on to your information for as long as you are a customer. If you no longer wish to be a customer, you can also contact our Customer Care team and request to delete all the information we have on you.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms & Conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
You have a lot of rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used (like this notice!)
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you (although you can probably do most of this through My Account
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, which you can do through My Account, and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us.
Changes to how we Protect Your Privacy
We may change this page from time to time, to reflect how we are processing your data.
If we make significant changes, we will make that clear on the black crows website or other black crows services, or by some other means of contact such as email, so that you are able to review the changes before you continue to use black crows.
How to contact us
We always want to hear from our customers (especially if you feel we’ve let you down or could do better).
- Have any questions or feedback about this notice
- Would like us to stop using your information
- Want to exercise any of your rights as set out above, or have a complaint
- please don’t hesitate to contact our Customer Care team, who will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
You can contact our privacy team by dropping us a line at email@example.com or else through Customer Care via the black crows website. Or if you’d like to, you can write to us at:
black crows, 125 chemin des Tissourds, 74400 Chamonix Mont Blanc,France