Black Crows Skis / Cab 5-4
125 Chemin des Tissourds
Company Number: 493 073 464 00023
How we use your information
We use your information in a number of different ways — what we do depends on the type of information. The content below explains who sees what, and where.
Your contact details
How we use your name & contact details
Deliver your purchases to you This allows us to send your goods. We work with external warehouses who deliver your order. In Europe, this warehouse is based in Lyon and is managed by DSV Transport.
Why we use text and email
This allows us to keep you informed at every stage of your order.
Sending you information by email, SMS, or post, about our new products and services
To keep you up to date. We only send this with your permission.
Fraud prevention and detection
To prevent and detect fraud against either you or black crows – it happens and we need to prevent this.
Your payment information
We use this to take payment from your order. None of these details are stored on our servers. We work with 3rd party payment providers, Stripe, Paypal and Klarna.
How we use your payment information
Take payment, and give refunds : Easy
Fraud prevention and detection: To prevent and detect fraud against either you or black crows – unfortunate, but absolutely essential.
Your contact history with us
What you’ve said to us — for example, over the phone, on instant chat, or on social media.
How we use your contact history
Provide customer service and support: We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you, after all, you expect the best service from us.
To help our customer care team if you have any problems and to provide advice and service for future purchases you may make.
Information about your phone or laptop, and how you use our website and app
Information you give us when you browse our site or use our app, including your IP address and device type and, if you choose to share it with us, your location data, as well as how you use our website and app. This also allows us to show you information relevant to your country.
Sharing your information
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party – including your name, address, email address or credit card information.
However, we share your data with the following types of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
• Companies that are involved in your order – such as our warehouse and payment providers.
• Professional service providers, such as advertising partners and website hosts, who help us run our business
• Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud
• Companies approved by you, such as social media sites and Klarna where you choose to use their payment service
We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.
If you have said we can, we’ll send you marketing messages by email and occasionally text, to keep you aware of the cool things we’re doing.
How to stop marketing messages from us
You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time.
You can do this
• By clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email
• By contacting our Customer Care team
Once you do this, we will update your profile to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages.
Stopping marketing messages will not stop service communications (such as order updates or where you have expressed an interest in an activity at black crows, for example new designers).
Your information and countries outside Europe
We have a fulfilment centre in the USA, which we may use for processing orders from customers in the EU. The USA is not a country in respect of which there is a European Commission decision of adequacy, and we protect your privacy and your rights through the use of the European Commission’s standard data protection clauses. More information about these is available here http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/en/TXT/?uri=CELEX:32010D0087
Keeping your information
We’ll only hold on to your information for as long as you are a customer. If you no longer wish to be a customer, you can also contact our Customer Care team and request to delete all the information we have on you.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms & Conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
You have a lot of rights relating to your personal information:
• The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used
• The right to access the personal information we hold about you
• The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
• The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
• The right to stop direct marketing messages, which you can do through My Account, and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time
• The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider
• The right to complain to your data protection regulator
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us.
Changes to how we Protect Your Privacy
We may change this page from time to time, to reflect how we are processing your data.
If we make significant changes, we will make that clear on the black crows website or by some other means of contact such as email, so that you are able to review the changes before you continue to use black crows.
We always want to hear from our customers (especially if you feel we’ve let you down or could do better).
• Have any questions or feedback about this notice
• Would like us to stop using your information
• Want to exercise any of your rights as set out above, or have a complaint
please don’t hesitate to contact our Customer Care team, who will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
You can contact our privacy team by dropping us a line through our live chat or Customer Care form via the black crows website. Or if you’d like to, you can write to us at:
125 chemin des Tissourds
74400 Chamonix Mont Blanc
What about cookies?
(1) Site functionality cookies – these cookies allow you to navigate the site and use our features, such as “Add to Cart”
(2) Site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
(3) Customer preference cookies – when you are browsing or shopping on black crows, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your language or location), so we can make your shopping experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you.
(4) Targeting or advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver ads relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
By using our site, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, the “help” section in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our site, and the complete black crows user experience that we pride ourselves on providing our customers.