A product is considered to be defective when it cannot be used as intended or when it cannot be repaired due to an issue stemming from either its components or from its manufacturing process. Defective products are covered by our 2 year warranty, while damaged products are not.
Here are come cases which are not covered by our warranty:
Normal wear and tear resulting from standard use which occurs over time. Here are some examples:
Skis and poles
- “My topsheet is chipped from crossing my skis.”
- “My top sheet is faded from the sun.”
- “My skis are softer than when i bought them.”
- “Damage to product resulting from using telemark bindings”
- “I mounted my skis with telemark bindings and they ripped out of the ski.”
- “The ankle cuffs on my ski pants have cuts on them from my ski edges/crampons.”
- “The colour of my jacket has slightly faded in the sun/wind/snow.”
- “My outerwear is starting to look wet in places.
- “I hit a rail and my edge is cracked or blown out.”
- “I hit a rock and there is a hole in the base.”
- “I hit a tree stump and the ski is snapped.”
- “My jacket got caught on a branch skiing in the forest and ripped.”
Damage to product resulting from improper care or unnecessary roughness. examples include the following:
- “I planted my skis into the snow and the tip / tail have split.”
- “My skis fell off my truck.”
- “I tapped my skis on the ground to shake the snow off them and the tip/tail have cracked / split.”
- “I washed my jacket and it has lost some of its waterproofing.”
- “My fleece jacket has shrunk in the wash.”
- “My pants burned on the heater in the drying room.”
Parts, hardware, or accessories that were lost or have gone missing after receiving your product.
- “I lost the puller on my zipper.”
- “I lost the zip off my snow skirt.”
I bought my product in a shopIf you bought the product in a shop, return the product to the same shop with your receipt. they will process your guarantee on your behalf.
I bought my product on black-crows.comIf you bought the product on black-crows.com, contact us via our online chat or fill out the below form and let us know you would like to claim a warranty. We will inspect your product within 2 working days of it arriving to us. Once we have inspected it we will send you a final warranty approval and ship you a replacement product within 3 working days (which will then arrive to you according to the delivery timeframe for your region). We cannot however guarantee that your replacement product will be in stock at the time of your warranty. If your replacement product is out of stock, we will offer you your choice of an alternative product of equal value to the warranty. If your product warranty request is not successful we will ship your product back to you and offer you a special rate on a replacement purchase of the same product.
We strongly believe that you should do everything you can to repair your goods to ensure they have a long and useful life. In the future we will have a repairs service set up so you can send your black crows gear to be repaired by us for a fair price. For now though we encourage you to contact your local clothing alterations service and please do not hesitate to ask us for advice on what to do via our live chat.
Click here to make a warranty claim.