We offer a 2 year warranty on all black crows products. This covers manufacturing defects, but doesn’t cover normal wear and tear. For full details, please see the policy below.
If you think your product is faulty and you would like to make a warranty claim, please refer to the below section on how to claim. If you’ve ordered from our website, our support team will be able to help. If you purchased from one of our authorised retailers, then contact them and they’ll be able to help.
Is it a defect or just damaged?
A product is defective when it derogates from its normal state of function and repair because of an inherent problem in its materials or in its manufacture. A product is damaged when it derogates from its normal state of function and repair because of normal wear and tear, collision with objects, improper care, or use with certain bindings (in the case of skis).
Defective products are covered by our 2 year warranty, whereas products that are damaged are not.
Here are a few examples of cases that are not covered by warranty:
Skis and poles
- “My topsheet is chipped from crossing my skis.”
- “My top sheet is faded from the sun.”
- “My skis are softer than when i bought them.”
- “Damage to product resulting from using telemark bindings”
- “The ankle cuffs on my ski pants have cuts on them from my ski edges/crampons.”
- “The colour of my jacket has slightly faded in the sun/wind/snow.”
- “My outerwear is starting to look wet in places.
Damage resulting from contact with objects while skiing. examples include the following:
- “I hit a rail and my edge is cracked or blown out.”
- “I hit a rock and there is a hole in the base.”
- “I hit a tree stump and the ski is snapped.”
- “My jacket got caught on a branch skiing in the forest and ripped.”
Damage to product resulting from improper care or unnecessary roughness. examples include the following:
- “I planted my skis into the snow and the tip / tail have split.”
- “My skis fell off my truck.”
- “I tapped my skis on the ground to shake the snow off them and the tip/tail have cracked / split.”
- “I washed my jacket and it has lost some of its waterproofing.”
- “My fleece jacket has shrunk in the wash.”
- “My pants burned on the heater in the drying room.”
Damage to product resulting from using telemark bindings (as the ski construction is not designed to withstand the levels of torsion resulting from the leverage created by telemark bindings on the ski).
- “I mounted my skis with telemark bindings and they ripped out of the ski.”
Damage to product resulting from using pin bindings (as pin bindings do not provide the elasticity of regular alpine bindings).
- “I ripped my pin bindings out of my ski after skiing on them in the locked position.”
- “I was skiing on pin bindings and my ski broke after some high compressions / falls / jumps.”
Parts, hardware, or accessories that were lost or have gone missing after receiving your product.
- “I lost the puller on my zipper.”
- “I lost the zip off my snow skirt.”
How to claim a warranty on your product
I bought my product in a shop
If you bought the product in a shop, return the product to the same shop with your receipt. they will process your guarantee on your behalf.
I bought my product on black-crows.com
If you bought the product on black-crows.com, contact us via our online chat or fill out the below form and let us know you would like to claim a warranty. We will inspect your product within 2 working days of it arriving to us. Once we have inspected it we will send you a final warranty approval and ship you a replacement product within 3 working days (which will then arrive to you according to the delivery timeframe for your region). We cannot however guarantee that your replacement product will be in stock at the time of your warranty. If your replacement product is out of stock, we will offer you your choice of an alternative product of equal value to the warranty.
If your product warranty request is not successful we will ship your product back to you and offer you a special rate on a replacement purchase of the same product.
We strongly believe that you should do everything you can to repair your goods to ensure they have a long and useful life.
In the future we will have a repairs service set up so you can send your black crows gear to be repaired by us for a fair price. For now though we encourage you to contact your local clothing alterations service and please do not hesitate to ask us for advice on what to do via our live chat.